Monday, September 26, 2011

Teenage boys on their own

I mentioned in an earlier post that one day I would show you Matthew's cool digs in the barn in the back.

The previous owner was using it as an office for his home business. It's set up with electricity, A/C, and DSL.

This seemed like a nice place for Matthew to hang out until he leaves for the Navy in March. So we moved his stuff over there. Every 19 year old kid wants some space.

When I went to check on the Back 40 this weekend, here is what I found.


This was after I'd put the lid back on the peanut butter. The doughnuts were hard like little powdered rocks.

I am reminded that the boys' dorms at college always smelled like urine and were always trashed. Le sigh. It is my fault for engaging in willful amnesia when I put him out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment